Sunday, April 13, 2014

8 meses...and thinking about another baby?

Guru de mi vida,

One day I'm going to look back to these days and think: "gosh, you were tiny". But looking at you right now you are so big (so infinite) compared to the little 8 pounds newborn you were once. Every day you grow a little bit more. You have so much personality: you are determined and strong, you are serious but such a happy baby... and, oh, boy, you are so goofy.

This whole thing of being your mom...it feels like it's been such a long journey already. And we are just starting... you are just growing up so fast.

Its overwhelming...

 I'm going to miss these days of me being your whole world. I'm going to miss your little outfits in the laundry and your excitement when you see me again after I take a quick trip to the bathroom. ;)

To be honest, when I think about missing that little self of yours I think I should give you a sibling so that I could always have a small body, next to mine, in my sling. But that's not going to solve this dilemma of you growing up and for now that would only make things more...crowded. I don't wanna replace you. I want YOU to be my baby forever. And Guru, you are such a complex human being. You need *me*. All of me, all the time...

So, for now, I think it should be only us: you...and me.

Just try not to grow so fast.

Please.

Mama.




Update:

~ He has eaten: refried beans, carrots, potato, apple & peach. He also like smoothies.
~ He is standing by holding unto whatever he grabs.
~ He loves swings and going to the park.
~ He loves looking at himself in the mirror.


No comments:

Post a Comment