Monday, December 7, 2015

Raising a Vegan

The other day I asked him: would you eat a cow...a pig...a bunny...a chicken...and so on? And to everything he said "no" while getting more and more uncomfortable (I could see he was about to cry). He doesnt know what veganism means. He doesnt know of labels...at all! But he does know in his heart it doesnt feel right to think about eating animals. Its not logical to him. (Or to me.)

i struggle so hard with holidays. Especially with the ones a dead bird is on the center of the table.

& I still have a couple more years to grow the wisdom to explain to this compassionate human WHY people CHOOSE to kill and eat an animal to celebrate a history of violence.

But for now, I have no idea how in the world I'm gonna break his heart for the first time.



1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you ... We've started having little talks here and there about the positive sides of veganism ("We love animals!" ... "Animals are beautiful!" ... "We don't eat animals!"), but one day she will realize that her friends and loved ones DO eat them. :(

    ReplyDelete